Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Move to Pennsylvania

Conner was offered a sales position in Pennsylvania and despite the fear of moving across the country, we thought we should at least check it out. Shannon and Steve were nice enough to host us while we went house hunting. It rained the entire time we were there, but the colors were incredible.
McCrae's favorite part about the trip was Stevedog. 
 
It was a quick, exhausting trip, but we are glad we went. There was now a lot to think and pray about.
It was a hard decision, especially because we had just bought a beautiful home and put a lot of time and money into it. Not to mention, leaving our family in Utah. But eventually, we came to the decision to take the job. My last shift at work was an emotional one. After being employed at Primary Children's Hospital for eight years, I had to turn in my badge and my keys. I worked with so many fun people. A few of us were able to go out to dinner before we moved. I will never forget the girls I worked with and everything I learned at my very first job as a nurse. I'll be back...one day. I have plenty to keep me busy for now.
 With all of the holiday festivities, time flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to pack up the house. We had to say an early goodbye to Marissa and Greg since they headed out to Trinidad for Christmas and New Years. It was rough. It was a good thing I had so much to keep me busy the next week...
Loading the last of the boxes! It was 8 degrees outside on moving day. We were sure glad we could let the movers just do their thing.
We loved this beautiful house and we learned a lot from being first-time home-owners. Off to bigger and better things!
After some teary goodbyes, we felt ready to take on Pennsylvania. New Year's Day we boarded the plane with our one-way tickets! McCrae enjoyed watching them de-ice the plane. It was hard watching those beautiful Rocky Mountains fade away in the distance.
However, as soon as we hit Pennsylvania, we knew we would be well taken care of. Moving so close to Shannon and Steve was the best decision we could have made. They were nice enough to put us up for a few days while we worked everything out with the house.

Only a couple days after we signed on the house, Tiffany and Heather were nice enough to fly out and help get everything unloaded. At 27 weeks pregnant with the twins, I needed all the help I could get. They were incredible. Heather made sure we unloaded ever single box and put everything in the right spot. Tiffany was sure to clean every nook and cranny. I thought I was going to die of exhaustion by the time they left. I don't know how we could have done it without them.
I insisted we take a few hours to sight see, so on their last day, we went to Kitchen Kettle Village.
They couldn't get enough of Intercourse, PA. The jokes never stopped.
It was hard to see them go. I couldn't have been more grateful for their help. Even 6 months later, I still tear up thinking about how nice it was of them to come and work so hard. After all they helped me accomplish, I felt like it was really starting to feel like home in Pennsylvania. Everything was going to be alright.
After christening the house with it's first batch of chocolate chip cookies, it definitely felt like home.
A postcard from Grandpa!
A lizard from Grammy and Papa!
Our first East-coast snowstorm. The locals seemed to think the world was coming to an end- I was glad to see that the storm delivered.
Snowed-in activities. Even church was cancelled. Maybe we could get used to this!
Home demolitions.
Shannon and Steve invited us to a night in Philadelphia to see the circus. Apparently we needed a big city outing in order to start calling ourselves Pennsylvanians.
Philadelphia temple coming soon!

No comments: