Monday, March 7, 2016

A New Opportunity

Conner applied for, and was offered, a sales position for Packsize. It has been something he has wanted to do for months. We were hoping he would receive the position in Utah, since we had just moved into our new home. Unfortunately, the Utah job was filled earlier than expected. However, a few months later, a new area opened up covering the state of Pennsylvania. Conner was thrilled, I was nervous, but since we DO have family out there, I was willing to test it out. SO, we flew out for a quick weekend visit to see if we could find somewhere to live. It rained and rained the entire time we were there, but it was beautiful.
We loved spending time with Shannon and Steve's family, and McCrae LOVED Steve dog. We even found a town home that we could see ourselves in...we just had to go home and make some serious decisions.
 It was an exhausting weekend, but we were glad to have the opportunity to see what it might be like living back East.
A couple of weeks after returning home, we decided to do it! We put an offer in on the town home, I quit my job of almost 8 years, and luckily, our friends wanted to buy our house so we didn't even have to put it on the market. It didn't work out quite as smoothly as it sounds, and many tears were shed, but in the end, we still feel extremely fortunate about the way that everything worked out. 
After almost 8 years at Primary Children's as an RN, I had to turn in my badge. Although I now had the opportunity to stay home with, what would soon be, 3 kids, I still cried the whole way to work. I really loved my job, but even more, we had some serious life changes ahead!
 Everyone at work was so nice and so supportive. I was able to go to one last dinner with a few of the many wonderful girls I was able to work with for so many years. I will miss them terribly, but am trying to look forward to the adventure that awaits us in Kennett Square, PA.

No comments: