Nic and Heather invited us to Jackson hole. It was late fall, and was going to be cool, but we accepted the invitation and hit the road!
We did a little exploring in Jackson, and then drove another hour to the Teton peaks where we would stay for the weekend.When we arrived at our destination, the cabins surprised us all. It felt just like the summer camp on Parent Trap or Heavy Weights. It was definitely rustic, but it made the weekend that much better. We bundled up the next morning and explored the lake.
We waited for it to warm up a bit and then decided to try boating, despite the temperature of the water.
The cold water nearly killed us, but the scenery was the best I have ever seen. It was unreal! Nic and Heather taught us to surf, and we had a wonderful afternoon.
Mccrae's favorite part was dancing to the music on the boat.
The next day, we went mountain biking at the Teton ski resort. I only took a couple runs due to the fact that I was with child...or should I say, children? But it was fun! Another adventurous day. Unfortunately, Nic threw his back out in the end and practically crawled to the car. I wanted to burst into tears for him because I knew just how he felt.
The next morning, Nic didn't feel any better. Conner was able to give him a blessing before we all headed home. It was an incredible experience to witness Nic's humility after trying so hard to tough it out. I was so proud of Conner and his willingness and worthiness. What a blessing it is to have the priesthood in our lives. We took Luke and Paige with us, and somehow, Nic and Heather made it home. It was a couple weeks before Nic felt better, but he sure developed some serious empathy for those in my family who have had chronic back problems. There's nothing worse! Despite Nic's injury, we had a lot of fun and grew so much closer to Nic and Heather's family. I love all of my siblings, but I think I am particularly blessed to have 3 older brothers to take care of me and my little sisters. With my parents serving a mission, they have really stepped up and let us know that they are there for us.



No comments:
Post a Comment