The holiday season was a little tough on us this year. I'm pretty sure at least someone in the family was sick for about 3 months straight. We thought we were finally better come Christmas Eve so we attended the Christmas Eve party with the Castleton, Lower and Field families at Shannon's home. It was a great time-it was fun to have now 3 kids participate in the nativity. We headed home and prepared for Santa to come. The kids were all asleep in their cute Christmas jammies, until Hannah woke up about 4 am and was covered in...well, everything. Her jammies were tossed and she ended up opening Christmas presents dressed in her Halloween jack-o-lantern jammies. I'm learning (slowly) to go with the flow. Its tough to have everything together all the time and these kids are teaching me to calm down and try to enjoy where we are. I'm thankful for a Savior that was born, and lived, and died so that we can be with these little stinkers forever. It wasn't a perfect Christmas, but I think Heavenly Father is trying to teach me some valuable lessons on what "perfect" really means.
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Merry Christmas 2017
The holiday season was a little tough on us this year. I'm pretty sure at least someone in the family was sick for about 3 months straight. We thought we were finally better come Christmas Eve so we attended the Christmas Eve party with the Castleton, Lower and Field families at Shannon's home. It was a great time-it was fun to have now 3 kids participate in the nativity. We headed home and prepared for Santa to come. The kids were all asleep in their cute Christmas jammies, until Hannah woke up about 4 am and was covered in...well, everything. Her jammies were tossed and she ended up opening Christmas presents dressed in her Halloween jack-o-lantern jammies. I'm learning (slowly) to go with the flow. Its tough to have everything together all the time and these kids are teaching me to calm down and try to enjoy where we are. I'm thankful for a Savior that was born, and lived, and died so that we can be with these little stinkers forever. It wasn't a perfect Christmas, but I think Heavenly Father is trying to teach me some valuable lessons on what "perfect" really means.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment