Friday, January 26, 2018
McCrae Turns 4
Oh, McCrae...he really has become too smart for his own britches. He is such a negotiator when it comes to play time. No matter how many minutes I tell him he has left to play, he says, "but I want 60-45 minutes!" He knows the names of countless animals and dinosaurs. He is always carrying an animal, acting like an animal, or wanting to play animals-his favorite game being "Fighting Dinos." Conner is much better at this game than I, and McCrae is not afraid to tell me that either. Another favorite is playing polar bears. We lay out the minky blanket on the carpet as the bears' ice, and I sprinkle teddy grahams or goldfish crackers around the floor and he and the girlies "go fishing" and eat them up like bears. McCrae loves bugs. I can't even remember how many pet caterpillars we've had this summer. He says,"snuggle me" all the time, but doesn't have the attention span to snuggle for more than about a minute at a time. He loves his sisters and really is very good to them. He tells me which one is his favorite almost every day. This changes, of course, every day as well. McCrae has a great memory. He is getting extremely good at puzzles and practically memorizes where the pieces go. He loves to sing, has many of the Primary songs memorized (although he refuses to sing in sacrament meeting with the Primary), and has pretty good pitch. Although we're pretty sure we've spoiled him with attention as the first child (making self-entertainment and bedtime rather difficult) we wouldn't change anything about this curly-headed, underwear-wearing boy. Happy birthday buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment