Saturday, October 13, 2018

McCrae is FIVE

McCrae turned FIVE! I really feel like 5 snuck up on us. I always thought that when you had a 5-year-old it meant you had a "big kid." Turns out its pretty true! It seems like McCrae knows everything there is to know about any animal; specifically, dinosaurs and reptiles. And if he DOESN'T know, he'll make it up, and make you believe its true. He likes going to school, but has had an on-again, off-again love for Primary. He knows most of the Primary songs, but isn't a huge showman (in public places anyway). His sisters copy EVERYTHING he does-good or bad. This has been a bit of a struggle, but we're all trying to figure out how to properly tame the true wild animal inside of him. Although he has a wild side, he can be pretty tender too. Every day I drop him off at school, he has to give me a hug, then "noses," then a kiss (but he'll only kiss me on the cheek). Then he wants to repeat this process as many times as he can until the teacher pulls him off of me. He's excited for another baby sister and I'm sure he will be a fabulous big brother to this lucky girl, just as he is to the other two. Happy birthday buddy.