Monday, July 4, 2016

McCrae at 2 1/2

McCrae has been such a joy lately. He is such a happy boy and is getting so smart. He says the craziest things and keeps us all laughing. When I was hopping in the shower (at just 20 weeks pregnant) he looked at me, with big eyes as if he hadn't seen me in months and said, "Whoa Mama, TOO BIG!" 

I was trying on black compression tights one morning before church- I was squeezing myself into them, bending this way and that, and when I finally stood up, McCrae said, "Like Batman Mama?"
It was tough leaving his buddy, Paity behind when we moved to Pennsylvania, but he has been a real trooper and taken to the Castleton girls better than I ever could have expected. We are so fortunate to have them close.




Happy half-birthday! We had to re-light the candle over and over and keep singing each time. He couldn't get enough.
His first birthday party. He was so excited. We went to Chik-Fil-A to celebrate his new friend, Nick Barton's 3rd birthday.
Conner has shared his love for bugs with McCrae. They love digging for wormies. It's hard to get McCrae to ever come inside when he's out looking for bugs.
We have been teaching McCrae the importance of prayer and, for the most part, it is going pretty well. I caught a cute picture of him during the sacrament prayer the other day. Makes all of our hard work worth it!
After I said the prayer in sacrament meeting one Sunday and I was headed back to our pew, McCrae yelled, "Mama coming back! Yay!" And once I sat next to him, he shouted, "Good job Mama!"

Another Sunday, during the passing of the sacrament, McCrae was singing loudly, "I know, I know, I know [He lives]" Conner suggested that we take him out into the foyer, but I told him that he was just singing a Primary song and he was not making too much of a scene...Well, it was good we stayed because the first man up to bear his testimony mentioned the cute boy singing, "I know, I know" and preceded to bear an emotional testimony about having faith in our Savior and knowing who He is. Someone else mentioned him in their testimony as well. I think our ward has decided they like this cute, new addition to the ward.

McCrae can't walk by flowers without stopping to smell them. Regardless of whether or not he even gets close enough to pick up a scent, he always tells me how nice they smell.
He loves being outside, and most recently, we have discovered the Enchanted Woods at Winterthur. The Castletons introduced us to the Woods and we both love spending time there. We love to take lunch and have a picnic.
Giving McCrae a little education in American history. The Liberty Bell.
Most of all, McCrae has the sweetest heart. I was so nervous about how he would respond to twin sisters, but he couldn't be a better brother. He loves holding them, feeding them, and playing with their "toesies" and their "little fingers." Although I know he misses the attention he once had as an only child, he is such a little champ in allowing me time to take care of the babies. He makes me so proud and I feel so fortunate to be his mother. I couldn't love a little boy more!

No comments: