Conner and his brother, Doug, signed up for an adventure race in Moab. This race would include running, mountain biking, repelling, and kayaking. In order to prepare for the race, we thought we should take a trip to St. George and go for a little ride. I had never been mountain biking before so I was excited!
The first 8-mile ride was awesome! I started to get the hang of it and thought I was pretty daring. We stopped at Subway for lunch in order to refuel before the next ride. Getting back on the bike for round 2 was hard! My butt was raw and it took everything in me to get going again. Doug, Jami, and Conner powered up the sandy hills, but I'll admit there was one point when I was near tears when I secretly told Conner, "I'm not having fun!" I toughed it out for another 12 miles and did end up enjoying some of the ride, but I was happy to be finished at the end of the day. Jami amazed me. She is so strong and could keep up with the boys. I think I, however, may need some more practice!
We met up with Julianne and Garrett that night for dinner. I made sure Julianne was available to hang out Saturday because there was no way I was going to be able to get back on that bike the next morning! After dinner, we headed back to Grandpa Egbert's house to jump in the juicer (hot tub).Conner, Doug and Jami went out for another ride on Saturday and I hung back with Julianne. We went on a long walk, ran a couple errands, and went to lunch. When the others finished their bike ride, I joined back up with them for the ride home. It was fun to have a little weekend getaway...even if I couldn't tough it out on the bike. It was nice to spend some time with Julianne anyway.
On the way home we stopped at The Pizza Barn...a little pizza place in Parowan that Doug and Jami love.





2 comments:
FUN! I tried going mtn biking by myself one day (when I lived at home) on the trail right up the street from my parents, WOW I about DIED! I had NO idea what I was getting myself into! I made it half way, couldn't make it up the hill and so I turned around ha ha. But it was still a good workout! People here mtn bike like you would NOT BELIEVE! So i'm determined to get into it once baby sister comes. Looks like such a good time! can't wait to hear about the race in Moab! and you are a trooper, 2 rounds in one day!?
I am just so happy you came and tried it! It is hard but something that gets better with practice for sure! You were awesome and I was amazed you did so well for your first time out!
Post a Comment