Friday, April 20, 2012

Merry Christmas

Once again, Sinterklaas didn't disappoint. He even brought me a new egg pan! How did he know I desperately needed one of those? I must have been really good this year!
We had to hurry and get ready for Christmas since we were out of town for a couple weeks prior. One of our very favorite things to do at Christmastime is pick out a Christmas tree!

We went to see the lights at Temple Square. It was beautiful, as always. Conner's dad put us all up at the Marriott that night. We never really ended up meeting up with his family, unfortunately. I had to work so Conner met me at the hotel while his parents headed to Temple Square. When we got there, no one would answer their phone. Conner enjoyed our walk together, but never did run into his family. By the time they called us back, they were already getting ready for bed back at the hotel. We were supposed to have a delicious buffet breakfast the next morning, but Conner woke up early with a stomach bug and we headed home around 6 am. Despite things not turning out quite like we had planned, the lights were beautiful. There's nothing that invites the Spirit of Christmas like the lights of Temple Square...


Except, maybe the Grammy party! Everyone came to my parents' house again this year to celebrate.



Must Be Santa is a popular favorite each year!

And my mom was loving Feliz Navidad!


She is one amazing woman. We love our Grammy.
The after-party.
Next came the Egbert Christmas party. I love this picture of Rylee singing Silent Night.

All of the returned missionaries singing in their respective languages.

And the Nielsen Christmas Eve party.

Jerrie has taken up the piano and played us some Christmas hymns. She was wonderful.

Doug and Danielle sang an incredible rendition of O Holy Night. Conner and I followed, introducing the family to Must Be Santa
Believe it or not, our Christmas Spirit brought Santa to the house; he left presents on the front door for all of the kids!



The famous Christmas trifle.
Conner found the nut! Danielle was furious..."that was her bowl!"
The Christmas matching game. Its always a heated event- we play for money.
Even though the odds were against us, as far as numbers go, look who got the 20! It was a great night. Thanks Craig and Jerrie!
Christmas morning. I'm not sure why I want to remember how I looked on Christmas morning, but I'm sure its only downhill from here.

This little set-up had been invading the living room for a week...what could it be???
A real piano! I couldn't have been more thrilled. I cried was was so happy.
Conner opened his Italian dress shoes.
And my alpaca yarn from Italy.
Later that morning we went up to my parents for Christmas breakfast.

All of the kids got leather cowboy boots to wear down at PaPa's barn. Horses to come in the Spring!

Marissa's Italian scarf. Isn't she lucky we had her this year?
Another year of countless blessings. We feel so blessed to live the lives we do each day. We are so lucky to have fabulous parents and families. I love the gospel and know that we belong to the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I am so thankful for His birth and the life and example He gave to us all. Merry Christmas.

No comments: