Thursday, May 11, 2017

Easter

 Holidays seem to be getting better and better around here...
 We struggled a bit with pictures, but with 9 o'clock church, I'd say we nailed it.

 Thanks to Auntie Shannon for their beautiful dresses.




The best part about our Easter experience was sharing "Resurrection Eggs" with McCrae. I had forgotten that we had a set of these special eggs-they tell the story of the events leading up to Jesus's resurrection. I pulled them out before bed Easter Sunday and thought we might read through a scripture or two. McCrae loved it, and we ended up reading every scripture and talked about each item in the egg. McCrae seemed so concerned with the way that Jesus was treated and at one point I asked Conner if we should be sharing all of the details. We both agreed that it was okay-the story couldn't have a happier ending. When we finished, McCrae wanted to start over, and I just wanted to cry-it was such a special, spiritual moment spent with our 3 year-old. We repeated the story with the eggs many times over the following days. What a special story it is, and we know that it is true! The blessings of the Atonement are immeasurable. When I have small moments like I did the night of Easter Sunday, it opens my eyes to the importance of teaching my children the gospel. I need to take advantage of the opportunity more often. It is truly the only thing in our lives that matters-living righteously in this life, so we can return to live with Him and our families in the life hereafter.

No comments: