Sunday, September 14, 2014

New House!

We bought a house! I still can't believe it but we are officially homeowners. It was a bittersweet decision, but now that we have been here a couple months, I love it! I still choked back a few tears when we left...so I had to make sure I got pictures of all of the rooms before we moved. I had just recently painted the fireplace in the front room. I love how it turned out.








Apparently the baby was sleeping because I neglected to get a picture of the nursery. I'm not worried because I know there are plenty of nursery pictures when we first brought him home.

THE NEW HOUSE

We have spent a lot of time and money finishing up some things that weren't "move-in ready". For example: Conner and my dad are building a retaining wall made out of railroad ties, I put up a baby gate so McCrae won't fall down the stairs, fixed a leaky hose bib, broke the toilet downstairs trying to put bolt covers on (had to have a plumber come fix that one), had the bug guys come to get rid of our ants and spiders, put up organization hooks in the garage and much more...
I recently installed knobs and pulls in all of the bathrooms and in the kitchen

McCrae loves to help with anything that makes noise.
The wall has gotten much bigger over the last few weeks!


I borrowed Nic's angle grinder "Sparky" to cut the 2" rebar off of the cement retaining wall...Sparky went up in smoke on number 5 (I had to lay Sparky to rest and bought "Stella" to finish the job). Once the rebar was finally gone, we planted ground cover in that same wall. Hopefully in a few years, it will cover the wall.

We have received callings in our new ward. I am the primary pianist and Conner was just set apart today as the 2nd counselor in the Elders quorum. We are excited to get to know our neighbors, our ward, and our new home. We feel so blessed and are humbled by the blessings that our Father in Heaven continues to shower down upon us.

No comments: