Sunday, April 6, 2014

7 months

Oh my goodness-7 months already! The older McCrae gets, the faster it seems to go. He is becoming so much more interactive. He loves to chew ANYTHING he can find, He is sitting up so well and always wants someone to play with him. He will yell for attention if you leave him alone too long. He's pretty spoiled being an only child so I guess I can't blame him for expecting to always be the center of attention.
I caught him playing with Daddy's shoes one morning. They were practically as big as he is. Crazy that one day his feet may be this big as well.
It doesn't matter how many times I look into these beautiful eyes, they still blow me away. The weather has been pretty warm so we have been able to go on a few walks. His eyes always seem so glow so much brighter outside.
"Good morning Mommy". McCrae has started to realize that he really loves his mother. He is a bit wary of going to just anyone who wants to hold him. He knows familiar faces, and I am happy to say that his Mommy's seems to be his favorite.
One day I put an apple into this little mesh chew toy. I don't think he put it down for 2 hours! He is enjoying his bottom teeth and sinks them into my shoulder every once in a while. OUCH!
He is almost big enough for the high chair I refurbished a few years ago. He seems to like it but isn't quite fat enough to be stable in it quite yet.
He LOVES to eat. He insists on having food in his hands while I feed him. He prefers "real" food over his bottle and its sometimes a battle to ensure that he gets enough fluid each day. We just have to follow the rule that if his poop is as smooth as peanut butter, he's staying hydrated. Ha ha.

Since I was recently called as the Primary pianist, I have to practice the piano every day. McCrae has decided it is pretty fun as well.

His cousins had fun teaching him how to swing. It practically put him to sleep.

One day we went on a walk while we were at Grammy's house. We had to bundle up and this is all she had.
I couldn't help but see the resemblance.
Grammy found this hat at Old Navy. We can't wait for summertime!
This is a picture Jerrie sent while babysitting him one day while I was at work. There is nothing that makes me happier than cute pictures telling me that he is doing just fine.
These are his "Easter jammies"-any excuse to buy him something! The bunny feet remind me of Ralphie's bunny suit on "A Christmas Story". I love them!

7 months old today!
I really think I love McCrae more every day. He is developing such a fun personality-he even has "hyper attacks" as Jon and I used to call them. He gets really excited and kicks his legs really fast, his eyes get big and he shouts like a monkey, "Oooo ooo ooo ooo!" Its so funny. We love watching him grow and feel so blessed to have been given such a beautiful boy to call our own.

No comments: