Saturday, November 23, 2013

Our New Life

After the first few weeks of chaos, we have tried to settle in to our new life. Some days, I think I've got it, then the next day I'm in tears...but we're making progress!
Aunt Holli came to meet McCrae for the first time. And Grammy GG made sure to wear a coordinating outfit.
Conner said farewell to Zions Bank to start his new job with Packsize. It was a bittersweet farewell. He loved working with, and learning from, his boss Shafique Janmohamed (Or Rafiki, I liked to call him). But he was ready for something new and excited for a new career path. We'll keep our fingers crossed that all goes well!
McCrae's first smile caught on camera.

Emma and Caleb came in town and stopped by to meet McCrae. We were so happy to have them-McCrae slept the entire visit.
We seem to get the cutest pictures during bath time.


Snuggling with Daddy one Sunday morning... I always think McCrae is so big until I see a picture like this.

Our garden was a bit neglected once the baby came. This is "BIG MAX"- our pumpkin that was supposed to be 100 pounds.
Smiles all the time now!
First day with Packsize!
I just try to accomplish one thing a day. This day, it was raspberry jam.
Our heater went out for a few days and it got pretty cold! McCrae's hands were like ice by the time he woke up, so we decided to put socks on his hands to keep them warm.
I take a million pictures a day, but rarely get one with both of us.
Giggling with Julianne.
Dylan was baptized October 12th. It was a fabulous day and one of McCrae's first big family outings.
We are so proud of her!

Conner inherited a whole slew of sport coats from Karla's son, Andy. This is his first time sporting one-he was nervous but felt pretty good about the outcome. He said that Heather approved, so he must look pretty good!
First tub poop.
Just a Sunday afternoon

Happy birthday to Grammy!
Back to the doctor to get some reflux medication. McCrae loves the crinkly paper. He kicked around forever just to hear the sound.
Discovered my first WHITE HAIR! Motherhood is taking a toll already.
More smiles.
It started to get chilly so we bundled up to go out. This is McCrae's first time wearing his jacket. He looked like a little boy. I cried.

2 months old!
Grammy GG took all the girls to St. George for a little girls trip. We missed Marissa, but we had lots of fun. We ate out, went shopping, and saw Mary Poppins at Tuacahn.


McCrae was able to join us and he was spoiled with attention.
We found a few of these little critters. This one I found under my bed (and I was sleeping on the floor)!
McCrae was a great traveller. He slept almost the whole way down and the entire way back. It was good for us to get out. It was good for me to realize that life will go on. We have a baby now and things have changed, but for the better. We're busy, and tired, but we love our new life with McCrae and love watching him learn and grow.

No comments: