Funny story, Grammy (mom) called in a panic at 11:45 because Grammy GG had not yet arrived and she was going to be late for the blessing. I told her, "I didn't think Grammy was coming until 12:30." She asked, "What time is it?" I replied, "Mom, it's only 11:45!" She forgot to set her clocks back with daylight savings. Ha ha.
Conner and I had a prayer before we left thanking Heavenly Father for this special day and asked that all would go well. I was never going to survive – I was crying again already! It was fun to see so many family members in the chapel. I never understood how special baby blessings were until having a baby of my own. I was nervous, excited, and so proud of my cute baby boy. There were three baby blessings scheduled and the chapel was packed.
We were up first. Conner was nervous, but prepared. He gave the most beautiful blessing. I cheated and taped it on my phone…and I'm so glad I did.
Dear Heavenly Father, by the authority of the of the Melchezidek priesthood which we hold, and in the name of Jesus Christ, we name this baby McCrae Conner Nielsen. And McCrae at this time we bless you that throughout your life you will know how much your parents love you. We bless you that you will feel and appreciate their love and their gratitude and affection for you. We bless you that you will also feel love from your Heavenly Father. He loves you so much and cares for you. And we bless you that no matter the decisions you make in your life-that you will continually know and feel that He loves you. We bless you, McCrae, that you will have a desire to seek out a testimony of Jesus Christ. We bless you with a desire to know the truthfulness of the restoration of the gospel. McCrae, we bless you, as you are our first son that you will be an example to your siblings and that you will want to guide them and help them in any way that you see that they need help. We bless you with a willingness to follow our prophet, a willingness to follow his guidance, no matter the cost. We bless you that you will be humble to his counsel and also willing to heed the counsel of your parents. Again, we love you with all our hearts McCrae. You have a rich family heritage and so many people who care and look after you. We close this blessing in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
It was perfect.
Of course, I had to bear my testimony following the blessing. Doesn't every mother? I took McCrae up with me so that everybody could get a good look at him again. He's so cute! I was very emotional but was able to testify that Heavenly Father answers prayers-McCrae is living proof. I said how grateful I am to be his mother and that my mom once told me that "there is no role more Christlike than that of a mother." I bore testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and how grateful I am for a living prophet and for my Savior Jesus Christ. Conner bore his testimony too. It was a special day. We feel so lucky to be his parents.
After the meeting, everyone headed up to my Mom's for soup and salad. It was delicious. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for this wonderful blessing in my life.
The goodies.
MalPal
The Nortons
The Nielsen clan
4 generations of Nielsens
Proud Daddy
Grandpa and Grandma Egbert
Grammy GG
Great Grandma Carol
Uncle Cam making him smile
Julianne and Garrett
All of McCrae's Great Grandparents
The boys
Grammy and Papa
Glad to be home and out of those fancy clothes.
Aboogaboogabooga!




No comments:
Post a Comment