
Last Friday I worked a night shift, came home early Saturday morning and fell asleep. When I woke up, Conner had mowed the lawn and mulched the garden. I woke up just in time...time to play! We went up to my parents' house and went swimming for the first time this year and it was amazing. Its finally starting to feel like summer! After we felt sunburned enough, we went home to change then headed to the Utah Arts Festival. Neither of us had been before and it was really cool. There was all sorts of artwork, music, and people. We got a Polish dog and a Bratwurst for dinner. It was the biggest weenie I have ever seen! We decided that we are going to have to make the Arts Festival an annual event. One day when we have 500 dollars to throw around, we might actually have to buy a real work of art!

We hurried back down to Sandy to hit up a movie before the night was over. We saw
The Proposal and loved it. Even though our eyes went crossed from watching it on the third row, we were happy to have seen a movie that was actually worth our money. (Thanks for the free passes Mom!)

We got home from the movie about midnight and we were starving. We whipped up a little midnight snack of pancakes with peanut butter and warm syrup...YUM! We debated sleeping outside under the stars but decided that would be way too much fun for one night. Maybe next time...

Sunday we went to church and had a lovely time, as always. Following church we went on a picnic to Liberty Park. Picnic basket in hand, (the
used one someone gave us for our wedding) we searched for the perfect spot, and unloaded our delicious lunch. It was wonderful and the park was beautiful. We couldn't believe how big all the trees were. We played a little catch then headed home. All-in-all, we loved our weekend activities, we loved spending time together, and we love being married!
3 comments:
You two are the cutest couple!! That sounds like such a fun great Saturday. And someone really gave you a used picnic basket? That is HILARIOUS!! ha ha
You two need kids, to give your life a little spice! Ha, just kidding, live it up, once the kids come the weekends are never quite like that fairytale! I cant believe that Conner got the swine flu...seriously comical!I am calling chad and telling him right now!! Glad he is better!Well, about that cruise, we would love to use it but whether or not it will be until 2010 or 2011 we are not sure. I cant believe Conner refuse...what a party pooper!
you guys are so cute. sounds like you had a marvelous wedding and I agree the proposal was SO GOOD! now I want to live in sitka alaska!
Post a Comment