Monday, February 6, 2017

9 months-and McCrae

Oh my goodness. 9 months has been SUCH a fun time. The girls are growing so fast and interacting SO much more. They are on the move and it is so much fun. I think I was worried about the time when they were mobile, but it turns out they are happier to be able to get around and require less attention. I love to watch them go!

Heidi has become a pretty good army crawler and can get anywhere she needs to go. She knows what she wants and she gets it every time. She sometimes bullies Hannah and pulls her hair or grabs her face, but we know she's just curious. She is starting to sleep longer and longer and I think we may have her sleeping through the night very soon. She thinks McCrae is pretty funny and will often engage in growling wars where they growl back and forth until someone gives up. She can give him a run for his money. She LOVES music and starts bouncing to the beat whenever a song is on. She is a GREAT clapper and makes us all smile when she starts clapping after we say "Yay" or "Good job!" She seems to have it all figured out.
Hannah was SO sick this winter. She started with bronchiolitis (instacare), then a UTI (ER), followed by the flu (Dr. O-he ordered an ultrasound to check her kidneys just in case it was another UTI...luckily they were normal), followed by what we think was Roseola (3 days of fever followed by 3 days of a rash). During that 7-8 weeks, she wasn't quite herself. When she finally pulled out of it and started laughing and smiling, I think we had forgotten what a happy baby she really is. Poor thing. I think she was forever changed after these weeks of being so sick. Before, she didn't like to snuggle and was always so stiff and needing to see all that was going on around her. Now, if she could snuggle with her minky on your shoulder all day, she would. If that's the worst side effect, I'll take it! She has such a tender heart and is quick to cry if someone upsets her (her growling siblings). She can sit up, and crawls in reverse. She'll get it though. She is improving every day! We love our little Hannah Banana.
The girls love to eat and have become pretty good at it. They eat just about everything. Feeding time is sometimes my favorite time of the day. I've always loved to feed a good eater. I've lucked out and had 3...I just love to watch them whine like baby birds, scarf it down, and then start playing (or growling) when their tummies are full. For some reason, every time Heidi growls she sticks her arms out straight as a board. It's hilarious.

This picture marks 38.1 weeks OUT. They have officially been outside of me as long as they were in. Outside feels MUCH better.

The girls LOVE the bath. Hannah likes to eat the bubbles and Heidi hasn't figured out that she can't breathe under water.



Poor McCrae always gets booted out of the picture for growling like a dinosaur and "ruining" the shot. This time I humored him and he totally surprised me. He is such a sweet boy. When he's not growling like a dinosaur, he is playing make believe (he loves pretending to be a baby animal and I'm his Mama). When I actually give him the time he deserves, his imagination goes wild. His vocabulary is phenomenal and he says the funniest things. If Conner and I are talking to one another and one of us raises our voice, and not even in anger, he says, "You guys are fighting!" or "lose the 'tude!" He is obviously learning a lot from his Amazon Prime shows...and picking up phrases from his father. McCrae LOVES preschool and is doing so well. I think he is pretty reserved at school, but he is learning so much. He likes to cut, glue, sing songs, and just told us the entire Pledge of Allegiance. He surprises us every day. His diet consists of pancakes, eggs, macaroni and cheese, McDonald's hamburgers, PB & H's, fruit, pizza, and an occasional bowl of oatmeal. We are trying to expand his options by making him try at least ONE BITE of a new food each day, but sometimes it can get rather dramatic. But...give him what he wants, and he can pound it. Whenever I am cooking his meal, I think he asks, "Is it ready?" at least a dozen times. I try to laugh, but its usually only funny the first 3 times. But, he truly is SUCH a joy. He is becoming so independent and impresses me every day with the wonderful little boy he is turning into. We are all so lucky to have him!

No comments: