My Dad has been called as a mission president! And my mom will serve as his companion for 3 years in Port of Spain, Trinidad. Wow, we were surprised. We all know that they will be fabulous, but its been an emotional roller coaster. We are all trying to figure out how we will live without them for 3 years. McCrae and I visit my mom at least 3 times a week...we are going to have to find a new way to fill our time! My Dad is studying 3 languages and my Mom is trying to get everything in the house in order and all of their documents together. Both of them are getting surgeries and dental work done prior to moving. I'm also trying to teach these two how to Skype. It's hilarious.
We had to change seats, lighting, and clothing multiple times in order to get it right.
I'm excited for them, but 3 years is a long time!!! I love the church and I know it is true. I'm thankful that I have this testimony or I'm not sure I would be able to let them go! I only hope that I can strengthen my testimony even more while they are gone. They are both such great examples of disciples of Jesus Christ. I am so proud of them and know that I am lucky to have them as my parents here on Earth. I am forever thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such an incredible family.
No comments:
Post a Comment