Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mom's 60th

Conner took a work trip to Europe for 11 days so McCrae and I stayed busy by planning a surprise party. My mom turned 60 this year so we invited our family, my mom's siblings, and Grammy to surprise her for her special day. My dad told her that he needed her to come to the church to sit outside his office while he met with a young woman in the ward. Apparently, she had just gotten home from church and was not too happy about the idea. But after 5 years of my dad being Bishop, she was used to these requests (it was the perfect plan). So when they walked in the cultural hall and we all shouted, "SURPRISE" she was truly surprised. It was awesome.
I had previously interviewed everyone that would be at the party and created a birthday video for my Mom-it turned out great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVlQNCNL8cM. Aunt Holli made a cake, and everyone helped with the food. We all had lots of fun. My mom is so special- I KNOW that I have the very best mom in the world. She is so talented and so incredibly selfless. It was an honor to celebrate this special day with her.

No comments: