Saturday, March 29, 2014

Valentine's Day

McCrae received his first Valentine this year from Grammy and Papa. Included with the card, was a one dollar bill. McCrae was so excited to have something to chew on...and SO mad when I took it away. I also received a surprise- a beautiful flower arrangement. Conner brought them home about a week before Valentine's Day so that I could enjoy them before we left on our weekend trip to St. George. He knocked on the back door one day when he arrived home from work… I was changing the baby so he had to wait a minute. I wondered why he didn't just walk in. I asked McCrae, "Is Daddy waiting outside the door with a bouquet of flowers?" And he was! What a coincidence. Conner was certain that I knew about the secret… But I really didn't! What a fun surprise.
My mom decided to start having all of us over for dinner once a month. Since the kickoff to these Grammy dinners was the first weekend in February, it had to have a Valentine's Day theme.
Personalized cookies and all. She never disappoints.
Valentine's Day morning, I surprised Conner with a pink, candlelit breakfast when he returned home from the gym. Yum!
And, of course, we had to exchange a couple presents. I love excuses to give gifts!
That afternoon we went to lunch together. We were headed to St. George when Conner got off work so we had to celebrate together beforehand. We went to the Porcupine. Our favorite! Afterward, we were able to exchange our romantic gifts. I got Conner a Minky Couture blanket and he surprised me with a JIGSAW. We were both thrilled. How lucky we are to be so in love!

No comments: