Conner and I started off our Mother's Day morning with my Mom. My Dad had brought her cereal and half of a banana and called it "breakfast in bed". We thought she deserved a little more so we made cinnamon roll pancakes. They were incredible! After church we ran to Conner's parents to spend some quality time with his wonderful mother, then headed back to my parents to talk to Marissa! This was the scene when we walked in...
It was so great to talk to her. She sounds fabulous. She only had 45 minutes to talk so things were a little crazy with so many people fighting for her attention. She loves her mission and even bore her testimony to us in Spanish. I'm pretty jealous of this time in her life. She is growing so much. We hated to say goodbye but look forward to Christmas when we get to talk to her again. Hopefully we'll be able to Skpe!A beautiful new painting for a very deserving mother.
Conner remembered that I too am a mother this year and had this beautiful arrangement waiting for me Sunday morning...although with all the "hints" I was dropping I would have been surprised if he would have forgotten. He went one step further and got me tickets to Josh Groban this October. It will be fabulous!
I'm feeling quite humbled this Mother's Day. First of all, I really do have the most wonderful mother in the whole world. She will drop ANYTHING for me! The second I need her, she makes herself available. She has been, is, and always will be my very best friend.
Secondly, Conner's mom is an incredible lady herself. She too is so willing to help us with anything we need. I got pretty lucky to have two Mothers who care for us so much.
Lastly, I finally get to be a mother this year! We are so incredibly excited and feel so ready for this new chapter in our lives. 10 more weeks to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment