Monday, February 11, 2013

Marissa's Farewell

Heather and Nic had their baby girl! Heather's water broke three weeks early and just a few hours later, baby Paige was born. She looks just like her brother. We had planned on going out to dinner as a family since Jon and Jenny's family and Julianne and Garrett had come into town for Marissa's farewell, so we went out to The Old Spaghetti Factory and then went to visit the baby.
 
Marissa spoke in church on Sunday. She gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. She was fabulous. Afterwards, family and friends came over to my mom's for a little shin-dig.
Since I took some time off for Marissa's last week here, I joined my parents for the MTC. We helped her pack that morning, then headed out...a little late, but she would still get there!


The curbside drop-off was quick and torturous! As you can see, I was about to lose it...
Then we both lost it.
And then she was gone.
It was a rough drive home, and a rather teary day altogether, but I was so excited for her. She will be fabulous!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Oh she is the cutest missionary!

Sammy said...

ah this made me CRY! oh she will be so fabulous. love you both. and you both look beautiful!