Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wedding Anniversary #4

Happy 4th anniversary to us! Conner planned a little Park City getaway for the weekend. Friday after he got home from work we drove up and checked into the Treasure Mountain Inn. The room was fabulous. It felt more like a home than a hotel. We settled in then went to dinner at the No Name Saloon. The bouncer at the door asked us for I.D. Who knew the No Name Saloon was a bar? I think they got a good laugh at our reaction to being asked for identification. We sat down, ordered water on the rocks, and tried to look like we fit in. Ha ha. Long story short, the food was DELICIOUS!!! We were loved every bite of our grilled chicken and buffalo burger.

After dinner we walked into all of the fun art studios along main street admiring photos of wild animals and landscapes. We grabbed a cookies n' cream waffle cone at Java Cow's then headed back. We ate candy and popcorn while watching Angels and Demons but had to turn it off since we were falling asleep before it ended. We really are turning into an old married couple!

The next morning we went to the weight room for a little workout then came back and made parfaits, scrambled eggs, and biscuits. It was delicious. I forgot to bring honey so Conner had me go and ask the restaurant downstairs if we could have some. He was too scared.  I came back with agave syrup which, to his surprise, was a pretty tasty substitute. We finished our movie then decided to head home. I had to prepare my young womens lesson for Sunday and we had some errands to run. We hated to end our trip early but we were headed to Newport the next week so we had to get some things done! Despite cutting our trip short, we loved celebrating our anniversary together. There is something about getting away from home (even if its just up the canyon) that is so romantic.

On the following Wednesday (July 18th-our actual anniversary) I came home to this!
Not quite a candlelight dinner, but the blueberry donuts were fabulous! We whipped up some spaghetti and had a 4-course meal! Meat and cheese on crackers, salad, spaghetti and meatballs, and Tasty's bluberry donuts. Not to mention our champagne on ice! We also exchanged presents. Conner gave me biking shorts and gloves. And he received biking knee pads (I'm tired of him always coming home with bloody legs) and to his surprise, mountain biking shorts that he had wanted for months! We spoiled ourselves and it was fabulous!

I love being married to Conner. Even without all of the fun things that we did to celebrate, our anniversary is always so special. I love having a day to remember the most important day of our lives-July 18th, 2008. On that day 4 years ago, we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. I don't remember everything about that day, but I remember my feelings in the temple so vividly. I couldn't believe that I had accomplished what I had always been striving for-to be worthy to go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity! I can't believe that pivotal moment was only the beginning. We have so much more to look forward to...children, careers, church callings, trials, and I'm sure many testimony-building experiences. I am so glad that I chose Conner to be the one to experience the rest of my life with.

No comments: