Monday, October 4, 2010

Hunger Games Book Club

 After finishing Mockingjay, the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy, my friend Kylee and I decided we MUST do a book club to discuss this fantastic novel. We took weeks to plan every detail so that we could create an appropriate Hunger Games environment.
 Not only was there a cornucopia filled with necessary items (prizes) to compete in the games, we had Peeta's famous cheese rolls, wild turkey from the Seam, Haymitch's beer served in frosted mugs, and Nightlock berries over ice cream. We decorated with dandelions and fire representing Peeta and Katniss respectively.
 Jen even came with a real Katniss braid- I was so jealous. Everything was fantastic: the food, the quiz questions, the discussion, and the company. I have the best friends in the world. We can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

Emma said...

Oh this looks so fun! I LOVE my friends!

The Nortons said...

To all you Hunger Games fans out there, please notice our awesome mockingjay pins.

Love you Mar. I can't wait for round 2...To Kill a Mockingbird.

mjm said...

This was seriously such a fun, fun night! Thank you for putting it all together.

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

SO FUN! I never thought I would be dorky enough to say it, but yes, I loved book club. I'm pretty sure that it had to do with the company, but I guess I was pretty into it. Thanks for putting it on, it was a much-needed break from life!

Kylee Adam said...

How fun!! I hate reading and I just finished the 3rd book. I read them all in 1 week which goes to show how amazing they are! I am so jealous of this party. That is such a fun idea! What cute friends you have

Jennifer Lane said...

My favorite part was the "race" to the cornucopia! That was SO fun. Thanks to you and Ky for planning it all. Love you guys. Love the books.

Sammy said...

soooo fun!!! oh i love it, how creative! we totally shouldve talked about the book when you were up!