Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sinterklaas


Sinterklaas found us! We were so excited on the morning of December 6th to find this treasure trove outside our door. I have celebrated the Dutch holiday since I was a little girl. My dad served his mission in Holland and we always celebrate Sinterklaas coming on his white horse, accompanied by his little black elf (zwarte piet). Conner and I put our wooden shoes out on the night of the fifth and placed carrots inside for his white horse to eat. In the morning, our shoes were filled with chocolates and pepernoten (the best gingersnap cookies you'll ever have).

Believe it or not, Sinterklaas found wooden shoe slippers in a size 13...Conner was so excited. He had been asking for them for months. The shiner he received playing in a rough basketball game. But he didn't let that dampen his spirits!
What beautiful tulips...and they don't even need to be watered.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

remember when i was sinterklass?? haha! he always finds you.

Sammy said...

How fun! That is awesome "sinterklass" found size 13 for conner! we need to play soon. all the girls are coming up to logan to play for my birthday! i know you really want to make the drive. ;)

Jason and Stefanie Burt said...

I love this....my dad went to Holland too, and now Im going to give him crap that we dont celebrate this awesome holiday!! Love ya!! PS I love the John Denver music...my dad would be so proud of you!