Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Memphis


My mom and I stayed in Memphis a few extra days to see the sights! We cruised Beal Street, ate at BB Kings while listening to live Jazz, and we toured Elvis Presley's mansion...it was awesome! (I was unable to kayak in the Mississippi due to the fact that I threw out my back while trying on jeans...but that's another story.)
This is my favorite room...the billiard room. The ceiling and walls are covered in layers upon layers of fabric. I think there was something like 300 yards of fabric used just for this one tiny room. Elvis designed the entire place himself. It was totally personalized and it was awesome.
This is Elvis' raquetball court turned shrine. There were records everywhere! Gold, Silver, Platinum- he had them all.
This is one of his most famous cars. He had it painted pink for his mother. He had quite the collection of cars and he always had them designed exactly how he wanted them. I wouldn't say that I was an Elvis fan before now, and even though I may not be a frequent listener of "Blue Suede Shoes," Elvis seemed like a pretty cool guy.

No comments: