Friday, January 30, 2009

The Beginning

Conner and I have been married for 6 months and it has been the happiest 6 months of our lives! We were married July 18th 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple. Everything was beautiful...I am so lucky to have married Conner. He makes me so happy. Each morning when I have to go to work, he wakes up with me at 5:30 a.m. to make me breakfast AND lunch and never forgets a love note. We are enjoying the newlywed life and never feel like we see eachother enough!

Here are the facts:
I (Marielle) currently work as a nurse at Primary Children's hospital. I have worked there 4 months and really enjoy it. Don't ask me any medical quesitons-I'm new. Give me at least...um, 10 years. On my days off, much to Conner's dismay, I like to go shopping with my mom. This past week we went to Dillard's where they had everything 70% off plus an additional 30%! Isn't that 100%? I came home with shoes and a pea coat...neither of which I needed. But how can you pass up those kind of deals? On the weekends when I'm not working and Conner is out of town for basketball, I get really bored. I usually go up to my parents and hang out with Anna Godde our German foreign exchange student. She's a hoot! I am the Young Women's 2nd counsellor in the ward as well as the athletic director. The girls are fun and the women in the presidency are so great to work with. I'm back to going to mutual every Wednesday!

Conner is a student at Westminster studying Financial Services and is thinking about going to law school. He plays on the basketball team and they are currently ranked #1 in the nation! Go Griffins! Conner likes to call himself a stay-at-home dad (even though there are no children). On more than one occasion I have come home to find a clean house, dinner on the table, laundry washed, and Conner...wearing a lacy apron! What a wonderful man he is! He is the Assistant Varsity Scout leader and is trying to remember just what it's like to be fourteen.

We are excited to start blogging so we can keep better track of our pictures, our memories and all of our wonderful friends and family!

5 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

I'm so glad you started a blog!!! I love you and Conner both so much and can't wait to hear your stories. But lets promise to still talk on the phone :)love you, Jennifer Lane

Sammy said...

Welcome to the blogging community! Can't wait to see some pictures and keep in better touch. We need to set a date to play and go shopping.

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

You did not mention anything about all of the nieces and( nephew)that you have.

The Four Eggs said...

this is a simple math question. lets take the number 100 because it is easy to work with when talking of percentages. 70% off of 100 is 30. An additional 30% off would be 30% of 30 being 9. 70 + 9 is 79, so it was a 79% off sale. You must have learned math at Valley where you're so like cool. Go Bayside Tigers.

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

Welcome Mar! We are glad to have you... although i must admit to not being the best blogger, it still is a good way to keep in touch. On your bored days I have an idea for you... come hold baby Mary. I'm sure she would love it, and her mom will love it even more!